Amazing workplace stress busters revealedReading Mode
Your 9-to-5 schedule can leave you tired, grumpy and stressed. Here are some quick tips to beat stress and create a happier work place.
- Breathe deeply: There’s a reason why yoga practices using deep breathing. Studies show that deep breathing allows more oxygen to flow through the bloodstream, helping you banish any negative thoughts and stress, in just a few minutes. Take a five-minute break from your work, sit erect, close your eyes, and take deep, slow breaths. Try to visualise a calming energy surrounding you. Do this exercise whenever you’re prone to stress. Breathe, smile and repeat.
- Get out: Getting in touch with the nature will show you more health benefits than one. Enjoying the chirping of the birds, walking barefoot on the grass, or watching a dog play can show dramatic results in improving your mood.
- Chomp chomp: Studies show that indulging in chocolate or a cup of coffee can help you reduce stress efficiently and help you cope better with workplace issues. So now you have a good excuse to keep that chocolate bar handy!
- Play a game: A game of angry birds can do to a ‘stressed’ you, what a chicken soup can do to you when you’re cold. It works by actually being a healthy outlet for your stress and leaves you feeling relaxed and calm later.
- Chat with a friend: Chatting with an old friend and catching up with the latest gossip will help you get your mind off the things for a bit, which will surely reduce your stress levels and make you feel more positive, energetic and happy.
- Laugh out loud: Reading a few jokes from the newspaper can get you in the ‘good’ mood; studies show. Fake it, if you must. Because the brain can’t differentiate between a fake laugh and a real one. That’s precisely the reason why laughter therapy is such a big hit.
- Shop: Shopping is a great stress buster and now’s exactly the time to do it. Take a detour after work and go indulge in something you’ve really wanted for a while, and see the difference. And yeah, it works for men too.
- Listen to music: Music is one of the best stress busters. It gets you in a jolly mood within minutes. Just make sure you listen to some peppy numbers and not ‘teary’ ones.
Photograph by sxc.hu
You may also like:
- Effects of stress on behaviour
- Effects of stress on the body
- Get RESTED: Effective strategies to manage stress