How a Kid Growing Up in the 90s Learnt About SexReading Mode
If you were a school going girl in India in the 90s, chances are, your sex-ed came from a few legitimate and mostly dubious sources.
Adolescent kids have always been curious about sex. But with all the stigma and mystery attached to it, getting real information on the subject can become pretty difficult. And before the internet became such an integral part of everyone's lives, it was almost impossible for a child to have any questions answered!
Here are some funny, but unfortunately real ways a school kid growing up in India in the 90s found out about the big S. Maybe some of these will be familiar to you too!
How a Kid Growing Up in the 90s Learnt About Sex
1. Through women's magazines Agony Aunt columns
2. Through American soap operas
3. From a Kamasutra sneaked into school
4. From government sponsored Doordarshan promotions
5. From Bollywood movies
6. From Mills & Boon romance novels
7. From that one girl in class who claimed to know everything
8. Through the poetry of pop songs
9. From the time that pervert flashed all the girls outside school
Illustrations by Divya Sunder Rajan
You may also like: