Recipe: Horse-gram cheese quicheReading Mode
Here's presenting horse-gram cheese quiche - a healthy and delicious snack for all you diet conscious people!
Plain flour (Maida) - 100g
Corn flour - 10g
Butter - 50g
Salt - 1g
Horse gram Legumes - 50g
Butter - 15g
Fenugreek dry leaves (Kasuri Methi) - 1tsp
Salt - 1/2tsp
Hung curd - 50g
Egg - 2no
Salt - 1/2tsp
Sieve plain flour (Maida) and corn flour twice and arrange in a large bowl. Add butter to the flour and with the help of a pastry cutter or dough scraper, break into small pieces. Rub the flour and fat together to form soft bread crumb consistency. Add cold milk or water and with the help of your fingertips, fold and combine the ingredients to form a soft dough. Rest the dough covered for 30 minutes.
- Soak horse gram legumes overnight. In the morning, cook the horse gram in a deep pan till it is 3/4 cooked. Drain the water and rest for some time.
- Place a sauce pan on the stove, add butter, dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) and cooked horse gram, sprinkle salt and mix together for a minute or two. Remove from stove and keep aside to cool completely. Add hung curd and blend it well to coat the horse gram.
Break two eggs into a bowl along with salt. With a balloon whisk stir the mixture until you get a smooth consistency.
Horse-gram cheese quiche
- Roll the rested pastry dough into 1/8 inch thickness between two sheets of butter-paper, line this to a 6" pie base and remove the excess from the sides.
- Arrange the pie base in a pre-heated baking oven at a temperature of 200°C, bake for 8 - 12 minutes or until its half cooked.
- Pour the horse-gram filling and level it evenly.
- Also pour the egg topping and level it.
- Grate 15g mozzarella cheese finely and sprinkle over the egg topping covering the entire filling in the pastry base.
- Arrange the pie base again in a pre-heated baking oven at a temperature of 200°C, bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light brown crust color is visible. Remove from the oven. Serve hot or cool completely.
To make an egg-less horse gram cheese quiche, you can increase the quantity of hung curd and add 5gms of corn flour in to the filling.
Prep time: 30 minutes, Cook time: 30 minutes, Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes, Serves 8
Source: Manish Gaur from Institute of Baking & Cake Art, Bangalore (www.ibcablr.com)
You may also like: