Recipe: How to make spinach raita
Boost up the nutrition levels of your everyday raita by adding some spinach!
Click to subscribe to our healthcare channel on Youtube!
Ingredients for spinach raita
- Spinach– 2 medium bunches, washed and chopped
- Yoghurt–1 cup
- Onions– 1 small, chopped
- Ginger – 1/4 tsp, chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper – to taste
For the tadka
- Urad dal
- Dried red chillies
- Mustard seeds
Method of making spinach raita
- Pour hot water over the spinach to wilt it. Keep it aside.
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl and whisk it.
- For the tadka, heat the oil in a pan. Add a pinch of asfoetida(hing), crack open the dried chillies and put them in. Once they start turning a little brown, add the urad dal.
- Wait for the dal to turn golden brown before taking it off the heat.
- Now take the spinach out and add it to the whisked yoghurt.
- Mix in the tadka, onions, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Serve cold. Your wilted spinach raita is now ready!
You may also like: