This simple spinach soup recipe is a tasty way to get your greens to provide you iron – a vital nutrient!
Ingredients for spinach soup:
- Fresh spinach leaves – 2 cups
- Sugar – ½ tsp.
- Water – 3 cups
- Corn flour – ¼ tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
Method of making spinach soup:
- Lightly roast roughly chopped spinach for a minute.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a pan. Add the roasted spinach leaves to it. Cook for two minutes, and take off fire.
- Puree the boiled spinach leaves and water.
- Bring the puree to boil, mix in the corn flour in ½ a cup water. Add to the soup mixture while stirring, so as to not form lumps.
- Add the remaining water.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper as per taste. Boil for two more minutes.
And the soup is ready. If you wish, add some cream or butter. Serve with some toasted wheat bread on the side.
Photograph via sxc.hu