Whole-wheat buns go well with your omelettes and soup. And when it’s made at home its nutritious sans preservatives. So try this easy-to-bake buns at home today!
- Warm water – ¼ cup
- Warm milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup OR Honey – ¼ cup
- Yeast – 2 tbsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Egg – 1
- Whole-wheat flour – 3 ½ cups
How to make whole-wheat buns:
- Combine water, milk, yeast, oil, sugar OR honey – mix well and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Beat the egg. Sieve the flour.
- Add salt, egg and flour to the liquid mixture and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Grease round-shaped moulds with unsalted butter.
- Pour mixture into the moulds.
- Bake at 400 to 425 degrees for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until they turn light brown.
Exercise care to ensure they aren’t over baked or it will be too hard to eat.
Voila, homemade whole-wheat buns are ready!
Serve it with omelettes for breakfast, or soup (Check out our recipe for Spinach Soup) for lunch or supper!
Photograph via sxc.hu